MY CNC ROUTER
K2 CNC - KG 3925
After many days and hours in front of the computer looking for parts and making many designs, I figured it just wasn't going to be possible to make the CNC router I wanted. It was determined by price, parts availability, time and actual construction. I opted for the K2 CNC router frame
- Nice size, 2x4 foot piece of wood fits perfectly
- Linear bearings seem to be of VERY good quality
- Looks nice, aluminum, general machining finish
- Router mount fits very well
- Leadscrew with acetal nut is excellent
- Upgraded Z axis is very nice
- Ron at K2 seems to be making great changes
- Love the Gantry style movement
- Multi-purpose machine
- Very good customer service (thanks Ron)
Suggestions on ordering (design has changed so please not this if for when I ordered mine 4-27-05)
- I would highly suggest getting 2 more cross braces for the machine.
- It makes the base stiffer and gives you more clamping room for pieces.
- Check into upgraded ballscrews
- The servos K2 have are very nice.
- Get the upgraded Z axis...don't mess around with the regular one.
- Get the aluminum tabletop if you can.
Yes! That is a Align T-Rex V1 with a Futaba 401 gyro :)